Friday, October 17, 2014

flat heart rates

day 47:
last night's NST went well. baby a had one "dippity do" as my nurse maureen called it. but totally normal other than that. this mornings NST, however, didn't look as great for the first hour. their heart rates looked a little flat. they say that babies in utero have about 20 minute sleep cycles but in all my NSTs i have never seen longer then 15 minutes tops (heart rates look flat during deep sleep) heres an example of awake (on most of the screen in the blue) and then asleep (toward the right side of the screen in the blue)… you can see how they look flat when they go to sleep


with anyone else they wouldn't have been concerned, but they know what my strips normally look like and this was weird for my twins. they ended up having me turn on my side in hopes that it would wake them up and it did. after the little episode i got called up for my ultrasound. their ultrasound went great. all the same information as always. only one more ultrasound left! ahhh! i got a picture of one of the babies (can't remember which one) with a little grin. both sides of his face were smashed into something but still cute!


doc towers said even though everything looked good on the ultrasound he would still like me to do an afternoon NST session. he felt really bad making me do that but he said we are so close to the end and he doesn't want to miss anything. couldn't agree more!

after i finished my morning session i went for a walk and went out to the farmers market that they have every other friday here. somehow i have managed to miss it every time but finally made it today. got simms a little pumpkin.


he and mom brought up my favorite lunch today (subs n such) since they had been up near it at the airport looking at planes earlier today. lunch was so so good (thank you mom!!!!) after they left i got back on the monitors for my extra afternoon session. i got a surprise delivery of insomnia cookies from jen and randy lee while i was on the monitors (thank you guys!!)  the twins ended up looking great and normal. thank you Jesus! my dad swung by after with my new and improved laptop!!!!! its all fixed and perfect now. THANK YOU SO MUCH DAD!

looking forward to spending most of my weekend with cal and simms. i can't wait to have some good chunks of time with them instead of our one hour at night. i won't be spending as much time watching CNN and freaking out over ebola that way ;)


5 days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment