Monday, October 20, 2014

my last ultrasound

day 50:
this is going to be a long post. especially since i didn't blog yesterday. hopefully i can remember everything i need to post.

yesterday marked 7 weeks here and today is 50 days. absolutely nuts. i would never have thought God would give me the stamina to stick this out, but of course he has. this was his plan all along after all. all the credit for my strength and the babies health can only be attributed to HIM. i hope no one thinks for a minute that i am strong or lucky. i am neither. hopefully i am obedient in doing what he has asked of me by being here and trusting him, but lucky and strong, i am not.

yesterday was a great day except for our disgusting dinner in the cafeteria.  haha! cal spent almost the whole day here and i got to have another nap with sweet simms. he tripped over his own feet yesterday and fell into a table in my room. he about gave me a heart attack. it made a horrible place on his face and i rushed him out to the nurses begging for help. they gave me some ice for his face (which of course he would have no part of) and gave him a popsicle. he's never had a popsicle but he immediately forgot about what had happened the second he got it. i still cringe when i look at the bruise and cut on his face but he is not even slightly worried about it. learning lessons from my one year old that it could be worse. it could've been much worse. i don't need to worry about his bruise and need to be grateful thats all he has.


we ate dinner early (at 5) and the food was terrible. i maybe had 3 bites. simms loved it though! haha! after they left i got on the monitors, i had the most contractions I've ever had. i think it was because cal made me take SO many walks. the boys looked good though. i saw maybe two late decels (decels after a contraction) and a couple variables. nothing to worry about though!

at about 10 i was STARVING. i called out and asked for a snack. let me just tell you what barb brought in: tomato soup, a turkey sandwich, chips, grapes, yogurt, crackers, cereal, and milk! i mean is barb not the best!? then she gave me a foot massage with her amazing oils and made my room smell like heaven (aka bonnaroo) i should also add that barb gives me a foot massage almost every time she's here. not just when she's my nurse. but here anywhere on the floor!!!! she is a SAINT. love you barb!!!!!!!!! she will be my nurse until 7 am the day of the csection and i am so excited she will be the one prepping me.

now I'm caught up to today! i woke up shocked thinking "tomorrow is my last day pregnant. where the hell has the time gone!?!!" the boys looked good on the morning NST. i got to have a really fun betamethasone (steroid) shot in the ass while i was on the monitors. i'll get my last one tomorrow. today i have a nurse, lindsey, who i LOVE. we have lots of mutual friends. she changed my last picc line dressing and even though the dressing change is supposed to be tomorrow i asked her if she would do it today because she did such a good job last time. she ended up not being able to do it because she got busy but another awesome nurse did it. i know i've told you guys how the sticker on it feels like poison ivy 24/7 but let me just show you what it looks like with the sticker off. its so irritated. i won't miss the stickers at all. also if i had a cup of bleach i would dump it on the rash during the picc line change and it would feel amazing.


mom, simms, and bendel got up later than usual today so i ran down and got lunch in the cafeteria. i got the same thing i ate last time i had steroids because i didn't have to get a shot of insulin when i ate it last time. well when they checked my blood sugar after lunch it was 175. it has to be under 160 to not get insulin. so after the shot in my ass this morning, i got one in my belly this afternoon. simms thought it was hilarious. cool simms.

they ended up calling me up for my LAST ULTRASOUND while mom was here. so glad she got to go up and see it. even bendel went! haha! i can't believe this could possibly be my last ultrasound ever. ever.

ULTRASOUND RESULTS:

baby a was 3 lb 11 oz and the 15th percentile (from 3 lbs even and 20th percentile)

baby b was 4 lbs even and the 34 percentile (from 3 lbs 5 oz and 42nd percentile)

9% difference in the two

i was thrilled to see that they both grew 11 oz since they've been only gaining 8 ounces every 2 weeks. all the rest of the ultrasound looked great. cord flow was great. fluid was the same. no shunting.


if you can't tell what that is. its baby b profile over on the right with his cord and hand above his face.


ok. so i have been meaning this whole time to get photos of my room exactly how i live in it. not cleaned up for pictures. but the honest photo. i want to be able to remember this time (i think, haha) so heres some photos of my room.





(i probably need to say why theres a picture of airheads. my brother and his wife sent me a sam's sized box and even though theres a million toys in my room, they are simms FAVORITE thing to play with. its basically all he wants to do. my friend shawna gave us the halloween bucket and we have been practicting "trick or treat" for a week or so. he, of course, doesn't get it. he screams for the candy until we give it to him, he puts in the bucket, and occasionally says "trick tree" after.)








tomorrow is going to be a really busy day too. i might not get time to blog honestly. i will be getting my blood sugars done again all day tomorrow, my LAST steroid shot, an interview with anesthesia and then were having a family dinner at 5pm! i am so excited! my stepmom, debbie, had the idea to do this and it means so so much. i have to eat a really early dinner because i'm doing an earlier NST (from 6ish-10ish) so that i can go to bed early. i can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight (even water!!! wtf!?) i'll have a hard enough time sleeping as it is, but on top of that the steroids keep me up at night and i drink TONS of water. so i would love prayers for a good night's rest! i'll be getting up at around 4-5am to shower because i have to start a magnesium bolus 3-4 hours before the csection (which is at 8:30 am) if i don't end up having time to blog i will make a Facebook status and update everyone.

i can't believe this could be my last blog before the twins are here. i know i have said this over and over and over but i can't reiterate it enough. THANK YOU everyone who has supported us, loved us, brought food and gifts, sent surprises in the mail, prayed for us, etc. during this whole 7+ weeks here. prayers have been answered every single day. this whole journey has been nothing short of a miracle and i know God is not done with it yet.

this was a little poem in my devotional last week and i have been meaning to post it:

A little bird i am,
shut from fields of air,
and in my cage i sit and sing
to Him who placed me there;
Well pleased a prisoner to be,
Because, My God, it pleases thee.

My cage confines me round,
freely i cannot fly,
But though my wings are closely bound,
My soul is at liberty;
For prison walls cannot control
he flight or freedom of the soul.

- madame guyon

2 days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment