Wednesday, October 1, 2014

and its october...

day 31:
i can't believe its october and i missed the whole end of the summer in the hospital. where has the time gone?? dang.

last night i had the same nurse that i had the night before. she's awesome and her name is chrissy. prior to the past few nights i had only had her once. i found out last night that she grew up with her family as missionaries in south africa. she lived there from when she was 1-17… i mean how cool of a life can you have! she's only been here 6 years. of course i had a million questions for her. loved hearing how their church was literally a hut. its so neat how God places my care in the hands of such amazing nurses. anyway! the NST last night looked good. baselines were back up in the 150s. these boys do what they want. i asked chrissy last night what the steps would be if something started looking bad on the NST. she said first they would turn me on my side and see if that helped anything, then they would give my oxygen and fluids..but if none of that worked STAT csection.

today when my day nurse came in, it was someone i had never had before. DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER YESTERDAYS POST?! hahaha. well i swear she had read my blog. she came in and was like "hey i know you haven't had me before and you have your routines but just walk me through them!" annnnnddd… music to my ears. love todays nurse! so she gets me on the monitor for my morning NST and within a few minutes i was having my normal contractions but my nurse came in and said "i'm going to turn you on your side if thats ok" i about freaked out!!! this was just what chrissy talked about last night!!!!! so i turned on my side and then all was well! i guess the contractions were compressing their cords a little bit. doc hennessey came by not long after she turned me and he looked back at the strip and didn't seem concerned at all. thank goodness.

sweet shawna stopped by and brought me a kit for simms to decorate a pumpkin and halloween socks and a pumpkin bucket. i mean is she not the sweetest?! its going to be my personal mission to be as thoughtful as she is. simms thought my socks were HILARIOUS when he and cal came up after lunch.

cal and i took simms for a walk outside and he pitched a fit until we let him go pick up acorns


that lasted until he picked up a wad of hair and a used piece of gauze. i was dry heaving. he was hysterically crying while cal held his hands away from his face until we could get his hands washed. good news is he LOVES washing hands and knows all how to do it if you just put him up to the sink. if you ask him to wash his hands at any point he will just start rubbing his hands together. he literally reaches for the hand sanitizer by the door to my room when you walk by. someone got daddys obsession with hand washing. haha

so i had one of my 3 weekly ultrasounds today. everything looked the same except my fluid. it was on the lower end but doc hennessey said he prefers that because it gives them less room to knot their cords up. apparently twin placentas just start wussing out toward the end and that could be whats happening. but he wasn't worried. thankfully only 3 more weeks of needing it to work!


crazy how much they resemble simms. i just love getting these 3d pics!


cal will be back up with simms for dinner before too long so i was trying to get my blog done before they head back up. i have one more day of my zpak and am FINALLY feeling more like myself. still ready to be out of the hospital but trying to focus on one day at a time right now. i can make it one more day. thank you everyone for the support, prayers, thoughts, meals, and everything else. i cannot imagine life without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment