Saturday, October 11, 2014

getting caught up

day 41:
sorry i missed yesterday. i used my time to catch up on some much needed rest since i wasn't feeling great. I'm starting to get extremely uncomfortable and having basically constant heartburn. not fun. major hats off to moms carrying twins longer than i will, i don't know how you did it!

yesterday i had my routine ultrasound. i didn't pay much attention to the pictures because we couldn't get a good 3d but vaguely remember the tech saying "the angle of this one makes the difference in size look worse than it really is" well… later in the afternoon i actually looked at the pictures and saw this one of their heads…uhhh…



that looks absolutely terrible in my very NONexpert opinion. i hope the sizes aren't as drastic as they seem. but the ultrasound went well. cords were great. no shunting. fluid was still low. (and if you are confused as to why it says B is the one with the smaller head and i have been saying that A was smaller, its because i don't change who's who back and forth like they do here. i keep it the same on the blog so its less confusing)

i had a really good day until i cracked my macbook pro screen. i was just closing it and put too much pressure on the screen with my thumb. it was ridiculous how little force cracked the glass. it ruined my day. i never break anything. I'm just not one of those type of people. i swear i was having like PTSD the rest of the night replaying it my head constantly. I ALWAYS do that with anything upsetting to me. my brain replays it over and over and over. its some type of coping thing do desensitize myself i guess. i talked to my dad a lot about it, he's one of the only people thats really good at calming me down when i am in panic attack mode.

i had a ton of contractions on last night's NST and i know it was because i was so upset. i eventually calmed down (thank you dad.) and set my alarm to get up early so i could start today on a better foot with some starbucks. as i am walking down the hall to go get my starbucks, i see a bunch of nurses RUSHING a girl down the hall for a stat csection, so when i got back my nurse was back with that. so i put myself on the monitor. haha! the babies looked great this morning but toward the end baby a moved off the monitor. i spent a LONG time trying to find him and couldn't. i was honestly starting to get a little worried. then i decided to look up high and there he was! he mustve flipped and is breech now!? not that it matters. i had a ton of contractions all morning because i wasn't in the best mood over some things. you can see where the monitor had been and then i had to move it up on the left on the blue belt, then a picture of part of today's strip is underneath (babies heart rates in blue, contractions down at the bottom look like waves)


doc hennessey came by this morning and i asked him if i would be getting magnesium prior to delivery (it helps prevent brain bleeds and cerebral palsy.) many doctors don't give it once you hit 32 weeks but he said he felt like the side effects (which are apparently extremely NOT fun, you feel like you have the flu while you're on it) are benign compared to the benefits. so he said i will get a bolus of 6 grams 2 hours before the csection. a bolus is when you get it all at once instead of an iv drip over a 12 hour or so span. they said i should only feel bad for 30 minutes or so. i hope thats true! one of the big things I'm worried about with the csection is throwing up. my nurses have all warned me that it will probably happen because i have low blood pressure and the spinal tap will lower it even more, making me sick. so if you wouldn't mind praying about this for me, i would really appreciate it. its a silly fear, i know, but after 7 weeks here i would like to feel as good as possible when i finally get to see these boys.

my dad and debbie brought simms up for lunch and also brought me dinner for later (homemade mac and cheese!) thank you guys so much! they have helped so so much with all of this and i truly couldn't have done it without them.


i've been thinking about next week and i am going to limit my visitors to only family the week before delivery, so starting on wednesday. i want to be extremely rested physically and mentally. i feel like i need the time to focus on whats ahead. i hope everyone understands that its in no way a personal thing!! i've spent the past 6 weeks trying to make time go by quickly and next week i need to soak in every minute. every minute of being a family of 3. every minute of what could be my last pregnancy. every minute of solitude and quietness. every minute of simms being the only child. we are about to be on the nicu roller coaster and i want to do all that i can to prepare myself for that. I'm sure that sounds comical to anyone thats had a nicu baby! you probably can't prepare, but i want to try!

11 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment