Wednesday, September 24, 2014

28 weeks 1 day

day 24:
so yesterday i really wasn't feeling well and spent all my free time napping instead of blogging. but i'll get everyone caught up to date! i turned 28 weeks yesterday.




all my NSTs the past two days have looked really good. the babies have alternated having a couple little decels like this for 3-4 minutes, but none of the doctors were worried about it:


mom and simms brought an awesome lunch yesterday from oscars taco shop. dad came up after she left. in the late afternoon i got my first dressing change on the picc line. i expected it to hurt but it felt great because it had been itching under the stickers and it was great to have them changed. here what it looks like without the dressing!


oh and while i'm thinking about it… heres what my blown veins look like and the reason i am so glad to have the picc


i look like i'm waiting on jeff vanvonderen to ask me to come in a room and BAM my whole family is there and he's like…

#trackmarks

cal came up with simms last night and brought dinner but we only had about 15 minutes together until i had to get back on the monitors for my NST. i had one of my favorite nurses again last night (barb!) and she brought me slushies AND gave me a foot massage with her amazing young living oils. she is the shit and has given me a bunch of foot massages, each time she uses different oils. last night she used one called "thieves" which supports a good immune system… and i kid you not i slept the best i have slept since I've been sick. i wasn't up all night coughing like i had been! barb is making me a believer in essential oils!

this morning's NST also looked good and the same as they have been looking. they called me up for an ultrasound at the end of my NST. everything looked great at the ultrasound too! so so grateful for how good everything has been looking and really hopeful this means i will get to 32 weeks (october 21!) doc towers told me today that he and the other doctors talked and decided i'll get another round of steroids next week at 29 weeks, those will last two weeks and then they will give me another round a couple days before the deliver me. 

today is my mom's birthday so we are celebrating her birthday up here tonight! wahoo! what she always wanted i'm sure, a hospital room dinner! it sucks so bad we can't do more to celebrate her :( it is what it is! and tomorrow is my grandmothers birthday! so happy birthday mom and gran!!

i got some mail today from my sweet inlaws (thanks al and maury!) its so nice to be remembered and loved on. i feel like i live on another planet. haha! and my friends hallie and haley stopped by today. its been a good day and i'm feeling very fortunate to continue to have good reports on the boys. thanks again for all the love, support, and prayers. it gets me through each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment