Monday, September 15, 2014

doctor day

day 15:
today i was woken up at 7:30 when doc towers made rounds earlier than normal, he felt bad and told me to go back to sleep and he would come back but i went ahead and got up. i knew i would have an ultrasound and an eye doctor appointment today, plus one of my best friends was bringing lunch up. so i went ahead and took a quick shower before my morning NST. i learned my lesson before and i was going to make sure and shower while i had the chance, even if i was exhausted and wanted to sleep. it was the right decision. they came to get me for my ultrasound about halfway through my NST.

the ultrasound went fine! no news to report there. everything looked normal and great. the only thing a little off was my fluid was still a little low but not too concerning. when i was leaving my doctor appointment doc towers said "just do another hour of your NST and you should be fine!" this was great news because i was supposed to do two more hours! i will gladly take only one more any day! so i came down and finished the NST. both babies looked great on it. both last night and today i had a couple of contractions but nothing concerning or regular. i just thought it was interesting that i am starting to having them now since i always said i think preterm labor will be the issue with this pregnancy before cord problems or growth. i started dilating with simms to 2-3 at 35 weeks and had him at 38.. so i felt like i would start progressing even earlier with twins.

around 1 jennifer got here with hensley and brought me lennys (thank you thank you thank you!) and hallie and my mom and simms got here too! it was so fun being with my best friends and mom and baby :)))))  while they were here i got two packages in the mail!! one was an array of goodies from alex and trevor stockton (thank you guys!!!!!) and the other was from my friend amanda scott, an amazing kaftan (thank you!!!!) simms busted into the things that alex and trevor sent and we cracked up at him with this:

the nicu case worker (hilary) came to take my mom and i back because i was wanting my mom to learn all we did with her the other day. jennifer and hallie were kind enough to watch simms in the room so we could do that (best friends are really irreplaceable. i don't know what i would do without these girls. i can only hope to be a friend like them.) after we got back my amazing day nurse came and said she got me an appointment with the eye doctor here so i went ahead and went to it. i couldn't have been more excited to get this vision stuff taken care of.
the nurse went ahead and did some of the appointment and said my vision had definitely changed from what my prescription was. such a relief to know i wasn't crazy. she sent the doctor in (who happened to be a girl i went to high school with!) and she went on to finish the exam. she dilated my eyes and i had never had that done before. at my eye doctor they take some sort of photo that replaces having to get dilated. i had to wait 20 minutes for the drops to kick in…. and then i looked like a drug addict for the whole rest of the day...
she finished up the eye exam and said she didn't see any big problems. she said pregnancy can change your vision temporarily so they wouldn't give me new contacts…. i was so heartbroken. i spent the majority of the day at this appointment….for nothing (crying emoji)… then i left the office and went to text cal….i couldn't see anything on my phone. couldn't see anything close up period. so dilating my eyes ruined my near sightedness temporarily… let me tell you, this was one of the worst few hours here yet.  I NEED TO SEE MY PHONE.

its taken hours for my eyes to become slightly more normal. i couldn't even start on this blog until late tonight because i couldn't see!!!!!! and it was all for NOTHING.

cal brought dinner up on his way home from work so he didn't have simms with him. it was kinda fun having a mini date! thanks to my wonderful mom who kept simms all day and night! i had been dreading tonight because i knew it was time for an iv change. but tonight the nurses started to discuss having me get a picc line instead of changing iv weekly. i'm still on the fence about it. it sounds terrifying. they are going to talk with my MFMs (maternal fetal medicine doctors) at board rounds in the morning and see if its even something they would allow.

overall today was great and went by fast….just disappointed about the contacts :(((((((

No comments:

Post a Comment