Saturday, September 6, 2014

go vols

day 7:
gameday.
last night was my first night of not being woken up for vitals and dopplers.. it was just as amazing as i thought it would be! my awesome nurse paige was back this morning to be my day nurse. really excited about that! with the exception of ratched, the staff here is AMAZING. i probably annoy all of them talking because i love them all so much and want to be friends with all of them.

we did my first NST at 8:30am instead of 6am. also life changing. the boys did great this morning and stayed on for basically the full hour and they looked great! paige explained to me that usually they want to get babies of this gestational age doing 10 x 10s, which means heart rate accelerations 10 above their baseline heart rate (so if normal heart rate is 140, they want it up at 150) for 10 seconds. it like their little cardio workout. and the boys have been doing 15 x 15s, which is even better and usually doesn't happy until i am a little further along.

doc hennessey came by this morning and was his usual awesome self. he is so brilliant and absolutely hilarious. i can't imagine being in better care in this situation. i seriously owe him my life because its only because of him that i am able to now sleep at night, go on walks, i got to quit counting my pee, annnnnd this morning i found out they have prenatal yoga here one day a week and he said i can do that too (for now, that could always change). i never thought i would be so excited to go exercise! not going to lie, i already feel like i weigh approx. 12380 lbs and the thought of sitting in a bed and eating all the time and gaining tons more weight is THE MOST terrifying thing to me right now. i know its dumb and i should worry about other things. but this blog is brutally honest. and I'm going to end up like mama june if i don't do something.

after he left, i got my vitals done and then i was freeeeeee for a little while. so i decided to take my first walk! i haven't had time to go on one yet and didn't even know if i could remember how to get off my floor but i made it down to the cafeteria and walked in to see the east tennessee holy grail…

if you know anything about me, i love to "do the dew." cal think I'm crazy (and hes 100% right) and says i am like a painter. the other night he brought me this up. i have been begging for it for LITERALLY years.

::this should go without saying, but you never know these days. i don't pound mountain dews all day. i have one 12oz a day at lunch and thats all my caffeine intake for the whole day. unfortunately i haven't gotten to fill the entire jug with the dew (or anything else for that matter, because its dirty.) I'm pretty sure its a gallon and my heart (or bladder) would explode::

so anyways! enough about the worlds greatest drink. i went down for my big adventure and got to make my own salad. pretty exciting! but the most exciting thing of all was getting to go outside. its been a week since i was outside. theres no way i have ever gone that long in my life. hopefully i never will again. i just wanted to run and hug all the trees and roll around in the acorns on the ground. i looked down and saw this:

i have a feather tattoo on my finger to remind me of the bible verse from our wedding. matthew 6:26
"look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly father feeds them. are you not much more valuable than they?" its always a good reminder for me to not worry about things. God will provide. 

i ended up taking a long walk around the building and then took the stairs back up to my floor instead of the elevator. it felt amazing to walk around and feel fresh air. i would've walked longer but my phone was in hospice and i have a slight addiction, so i rushed back to charge it. when i came back my best friend hallie was here with more lennys (thank you xoxoxo!) i told her how cal was a little too overwhelmed with the 100 things he has to do on a daily basis to take my laundry and she offered to take it and do it! i was starting to think this was going to be me this afternoon:




buttttt my best friend is amazing. and is going to do it for me :) she left because i had to start my afternoon NST. i knew today's wouldn't be quite as bad as yesterday since now they are for only 30 minutes (instead of an hour) but both boys stayed on the whole time and were perfect! the NST looked great! my brothers best friend (who is basically like my other brother), walter, and his girlfriend wendy came by too. if i haven't made this clear, i LOVE seeing all my friends. it makes the time go by faster and makes me feel so much more normal. its weird because sometimes i don't even feel like I'm in knoxville anymore. its really really weird what being here does to my brain. cals on his way up with simms and bendel. i can't wait to see them! plus, he's bringing mexican food. 

my friend that was on my floor got discharged today! so for those who prayed for her, thank you! she was so excited to get to go home and i was happy for her. i'm sure she would still love prayers to keep the babies cooking as long as possible though! 

hope everyone had fun at the game for me and had a beer (or 4) for me. pretty depressing not using our tickets for two years straight… but next year ITS ON. there will be babysitters. there will be tailgates. there will be champagne. there will be my ass, back in my seat in neyland stadium. 

No comments:

Post a Comment