Sunday, September 14, 2014

two weeks!

day 14:

last night my friend anna came by to see me. we never get to see each other anymore so it was a treat to get to catch up. unfortunately she was up in the hospital with her husband's mom, so i hated why she was up here. she came while i was doing my night NST and it helped pass the time. loved seeing you anna xoxo! the NST went well. the boys somewhat cooperated. in the past few days one of the babies is always so hard to find that we end up having to get one of the residents to come in and find the babies with an ultrasound machine so we can get them on the monitor and that happened again this morning. both babies are now vertex (head down)..or well, they were this morning. yesterday one baby was vertex and the other baby was breech. usually one baby is vertex and one is transverse (sideways)… but with how insane they have been these past few days i have quit guessing.

so back to this mornings NST… i hate the morning NSTs. hate. i like to get up and eat and shower but i can't do either thing until its over at noon. they bring my breakfast during the NST and i can try and eat it without moving, but its next to impossible and i feel like some sort of pig shoveling my face full of food while laying down.
so i just lay and stare at it, getting more and more pissed that i can't eat it. this morning i was more frustrated than usual though because of my eyes. we moved about two weeks before i came inpatient and when we moved, i have no idea where i put my contacts. by the time i realized they were lost, it was too late for me to make an eye appointment. i thought i could make it inpatient the whole time with the same contacts. of course in just a few days there were bothering me. i called my eye doctors office and begged for them to stick a sample pair at the front desk for someone to grab for me. they were reluctant to do it because it had been over a year since i had been there but they did it. my stepmom was nice enough to grab them the other day and bring them up to me. well this morning, i finally put them in and thought they'd feel awesome like new contacts always do.

THEY DIDNT.

my left eye was fine but everything in my right eye was soooo blurry. if you've ever had eye problems, you know how miserable it is. they can totally ruin your day fast. you forget how thankful you are to see until your vision gets messed up. i was getting a ton of anxiety about it because obviously i can't get to my eye doctor anytime soon and my glasses are about 10 years out of date prescription wise. FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING, CAN I PLEASE HAVE MY VISION?! i am so blind i can't find my glasses beside me if i needed to, so contacts are CRUCIAL (my eyes are -5.25) i sat and debated about what to do and finally asked my nurse if i could see an eye doctor or something. she didn't think anyone was here today but said they would meet with me tomorrow. hopefully that happens! they gave me some artificial tear drops to help hold me over. 

cal and simms brought up some highlands brunch toward the end of my NST and i'd had enough of laying flat and sat up a little bit to eat it. one thing i have really missed is HOT food. people have been amazing about bringing food but its impossible to keep hot. the little things we take for granted. so anyways, of course when i sat up to eat the boys came off the monitor and my nurse came in to fix them and i snapped "i'm sorry but i am going to have to eat something and don't want to sit here watching it get colder" she somehow managed to not murder me and get the boys on while i sat and ate. thankful that my nurse today has grace. i got to come off about 15 minutes later. THANK YOU JESUS. jumped in the shower and got ready because i knew my mom, nathan, and elizabeth were on their way up with some taste of thai for me to save for dinner!! CANNOT WAIT TO EAT THAT. thanks mom!!! while they were here my original obgyn, craig myers, came by too! he was my ob with past pregnancies. i strongly believe simms wouldn't be here today if it weren't for him. he's an incredible doctor with a heart of gold. i mean what doctor goes to visit an old patient in the hospital on their day off!?! he was my obgyn when i found out i was pregnant with the twins and i was at his office when the told me i was pregnant with them and that there was no membrane and that they were mono/mono twins. he told me i would have to switch doctors because i was high risk. i was telling him today i had no idea what was in store for me when he told me i was switching doctors back in may. he also said that at my first ultrasound, the lady scanning me thought they might be conjoined at first! so thankful they aren't!!!!!!!! had to get a picture of craig with simms. don't be so excited simms. he only helped make you happen. NBD.

when i was pregnant with simms i got a condition called PUPPPS at about 35 weeks. it was one of the worst things i've ever experienced in my entire life. its a horrible rash on your belly that itches all day and night. you're basically allergic to your own pregnancy and its more common in moms pregnant with boys. you can't sleep. its like poison ivy x102398120. clothes are miserable. and it ruins your life. i spent hours researching ways to "cure" it (besides delivering) and ended up using a magical concoction of oatmeal baths, grandpas pine tar soap, prescription cream, coconut oil, and drinking dandelion root tea that made it go away after about two weeks. i never knew which things were curing it, so continued doing all of them. well. about two days ago my stomach starting getting a rash and itching horribly again and i started FREAKING out that i was getting PUPPPS again. some of the nurses have told me that the ultrasound gel is really drying and might be just drying my skin out. i am praying with everything in me that its just a mild reaction to it and not PUPPPS…because if i am getting PUPPPS already….i might just end up cutting my own babies out of my stomach to make the itching stop (delivering the babies cures puppps)… i would love prayers that i am allergic to the ultrasound gel and that there is an alternative i can use instead of it.



my dad came up with dinner (thank you dad!!!) not long after my mom and brother and elizabeth left. simms and cal were still up here. simms was being insane and needed a nap so i told cal just to go ahead and take him home. i walked all of them out and grabbed myself a starbucks on the way back up to have while i typed this. the salted caramel mocha made me a little sad i wasn't out doing fall stuff. i can't believe i've made it two weeks…. 

looking forward to turning 27 weeks on tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment