Friday, September 26, 2014

the leak

day 26:
well last night before i went to bed i noticed some water on the ground by the window. i keep my flowers on the window and didn't think much of it since i had watered them yesterday. i assumed i had either spilled water while i watered them or i watered too much and it leaked out. i felt all around the flowers and wall (on ambien i might add) and didn't feel anything wet. the water was inching over to simms toys, so i put them all on the couch in case it was a leak and not the flowers. i cleaned the water up and went to sleep. when i got up this morning, i saw this:
so um. yeah. thats not the flowers. i got my nurse to call maintenance and they came to work on it while i was on my morning NST. i had already prepped myself mentally for having to switch rooms. my nurse even took me and showed me where i would go. but they were able to shop vac the water from where it was pooling up outside on the roof and leaking down my wall. it was THANKFULLY no big deal. cal and i have an ongoing joke that we are cursed with plumbing issues, so we both laughed about this. seriously. we are cursed though.

during my NST all the sudden my nurse came running in. i hadn't been paying attention as much as usual to what the boys were doing and assumed one had come up. but baby a had a decal during one of my contractions. the arrows point to the contraction and corresponding decel:


the machine didn't trace the line well because sometimes when the contraction squeezes the baby it moves them off the monitor. so thats what happened. his heart rate popped back up though and everyone was relieved.  doc towers told me the other day "you will soon see dips down in the 60s, don't freak out" and he was right. this was the lowest i had seen. again they told me this would happen to any baby if you watched them as much as we watch these guys. 

i got called up during my NST for my ultrasound. praise the Lord, i don't have anything abnormal to report. everything looked great: cord knots, cord flow, babies swallowing, etc. doc hennessey was here today and actually scanned my at the end. he looked today for fat on their bellies too and they had it! he was really pleased to see that. i also talked to him about the decal. he, like everyone else, agreed it wasn't a big deal. nothing to worry about. i finally flat out said "if the boys continue to look like they do now (which he felt like they would), when will you deliver me?" and he said "32 weeks"….. thats in just 3 weeks and a couple days! crazy! did i mention we still don't even have their carseats or anything? haha!

my friend steph came and brought ham and goodys lemon cookies around lunch time (thanks steph!!! xoxoxo) and mom, simms, and bendel came about that time too with lennys (thanks mom!) simms has gotten obsessed with feeding bendel the dog treats that shawna brought up for him. he points to the dog on the bag and barks like a dog when you ask what a dog says. hilarious. this age is a blast.


plus he also ate some of his favorite things in the world (blueberries)… (since you are all wondering what simms ate while he was up here)

he would eat an entire pint every sitting if you'd let him. he acts like its candy??? anyway. i walked them out and put my jacket on today. didn't want to deal with being harassed. it worked. when i came back up i turned on pirates of the caribbean 21 (when are they going to quit making those damn movies?!) and went to sleep. i've been so exhausted lately and instead of fighting it, i go with it... in fear that what if i have an emergency c section and God was trying to prepare me for it and i went walking instead of resting. just trying to stay prepared.

cal is on his way up with simmy and dinner. i go back on the monitor at 8. crazy how fast the day actually does goes by up here.



No comments:

Post a Comment