Thursday, September 25, 2014

me vs. security guard

day 25:
last night i got another great foot massage from the awesome barb! slept pretty good. this mornings NST looked great. its kind of feeling like groundhog day. always good NST with some contractions. not complaining though! the morning NST always feels like it lasts 16 hours but today cal wanted me to be looking for resorts to go to in maybe april of next year to celebrate having twins and also our 5 year anniversary. he asked me what kind of place i was looking for and of course i responded like any girl would "caves with underground rivers, waterfalls, interesting weather, lots of animals roaming around the resort, beach horseback riding and a beach"  i spent the entire NST searching for places like that. i found a handful that didn't require a layover in mars. its looking like costa rica is probably our best bet. i went on trip advisor for each resort we looked at and made sure there was plenty of pictures of wildlife that people happened to see. thats normal right? y'all. people were seeing SLOTHS, monkeys, peccaries, bats, and they said you could also see jaguars! SIGN ME UP.

 no one came up for lunch today so i went down and got a sub from the cafeteria. i took it outside to eat it and realized the sandwich was still pretty cold (pregnant girls have to have hot deli meat) so i was totally annoyed that i would have to go back up to my room and heat it up in the microwave down the hall. so much for enjoying being outside.

since i've been recovering from this sinus infection i have been so worn out and really trying to rest, much more than i normally do. i think i have the same nap schedule as simms haha. but during this afternoon's nap, my godparents (ratni and ebby) came in and surprised me! it actually wasn't supposed to be a surprise, i saw her text after they left. but i never saw it because i was asleep. they brought me a very sweet little necklace and theeeessseee:
thank you guys so much!!! xoxo!! i watched a couple episodes of "don't be tardy" and then shawna came walking in! she brought flowers and a toy piano like the one from big for simms to borrow for a little bit! thanks girl!!



i also got a package from jen..yall will love the "not safe for Facebook" shirt she got me.. she cracks me up! i can't wait for her to come visit when the twins get here (wink face wink face) thank you for the shirt and all the udis granola!!!

soooo…. here comes the good part…
i decided to go walk outside before my dad, cal, and simms get here. it was beautiful outside and i got some 'grams:



and as i am walking back a cop comes up to me and i assume he is going to strike up a convo about my big belly. HA! he thought i was outside crushing pills to put in my picc line!!!! dude.. come on. I'm not that desperate…yet..haha! but seriously. he wouldn't take my word that i was allowed to be out walking around. he called up to labor and delivery asked them about me and asked if i was allowed to "walk around and even go outside" of course they said yes. he told me "I'm perfectly allowed to do everything i am doing ma'am" can i please finish my walk? he then told me "i seemed alert and not like i was crushing pills" and obviously i was "allowed" to be out and he sent me on my way. the whole thing was hilarious to me at first, but then really sad that he even has to deal with that at all :(

i made my way back up to my room and my sweet dad brought cal and me dinner! thank you dad!! he got to see how good simms has gotten at walking so that was fun. my friend rachel was my nurse all day which was pretty cool... and now i've got another one of my favorite nurses (maureen) tonight! these nurses are so so good. i do not understand how so many can be so good, but i am so grateful for them.

3 comments:

  1. You are right about security incident being funny and sad at the same time. That around campus, we assume the worse when seeing an "escaped" patient. I can't get over the quality of those pictures. The crispness and colors are great.

    Being able to research for a spring vacation is wonderful for helping to pass the time. Costa Rica sounds like it has just what you're looking for. Sounds like Jamaica, too, or have you already been there?

    Always love when you give me a shout out. Hello to Maureen. Good night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! company in singapore

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. https://thebetterband.com/2020/11/what-about-the-national-safety-agency-a-succinct-assessment-of-the-correct-information/

    ReplyDelete