Friday, September 12, 2014

boring and happy

day 12:
today was boring and for that i am grateful. i have learned that boring is great up here. last night when i was finishing up my NST (and falling asleep because it lasts until midnight) my sweet nurse came in and said "i mean, are you ready for this?" it caught me off guard and i said "what do you mean?" she said "i mean are you prepared for this journey and God's plan for these babies" i told her i didn't think there was anyway i could prepare myself for this but told her the story of these babies and what miracles they are and said "these babies, aren't mine. God has big plans for these guys and i have peace in that." she told me about a girl several years ago who lived just a few rooms down from me for 2-3 months of CONTINUOUS MONITORING. she was pregnant with twins who both had a heart condition and she was told that they wouldn't ever make it, but she wouldn't give up and terminate the pregnancy. the doctors told her IF she could make it to 34 weeks, she could then be flown by life star to Cincinnati to be delivered and to have the heart surgeries her twins would need and thats exactly what she did. she spent two months laying in a hospital bed, constantly monitored. (in case you forgot i lost my shit the other day after 24 hours of monitoring…24 measly hours)… did i mention this girl was 19 !?!?!?!?!?!? i wish i could find out who she is and meet her. she's definitely a hero of mine now. my nurse told me to take this time and enjoy the peace and stillness that God is providing before the boys arrive (which is the exact thing cal told me just the other day.) the whole conversation reminded me of exodus 14:14


my day nurse came in for my morning NST and about an hour into it they came back in to tell me i was going up for my ultrasound. i walked up to my appointment with my chart, alone. i am sure everyone thought i was crazy. haha. the ultrasound went really well. it was to check out the cords and see if they were compressed. they also check my fluid and see if babies are practicing to breathe. my fluid was a tiny bit low, but they said that was good because it gives less room for babies to roam around and knot the cords up. the cords looked great, in fact, they said they looked looser. which seems impossible, but we serve a mighty God who does what he wants. everyone has just been blown away with the improvements. i strongly believe its because of everyones prayers for them. so THANK YOU. OH! and before i forget. baby b is taking over the whole womb, he was laying transverse (sideways) with his legs straightened out and had completely squished poor baby a down to as low as he could possibly go. needless to say, i think baby b is growing just fine now and he seems like a bully.


i walked back to my room and had to get back on the monitor to finish my NST. i had to be on it until much later in the day, since we had to restart it so late. doc hennessey's daughter kelly came by and i got to catch up with her. thanks for coming to see me kell and making the NST go by faster!

i had been planning on going down and getting a starbucks all morning.. i felt like i needed a treat since its friday and beers aren't advised or allowed. haha. my starbucks was great though. i thought it would give me some energy to go take a walk around outside but i just felt tired and my stomach felt really heavy. cal told me to go back up to my room and rest and that made me not feel bad about doing exactly that. somehow i drank a coffee and then went and took a nap ??? yeah. I'm that weirdo.

cal will be up tonight with simms. he will come up and get food and toys all over my room and i will be happy to clean it up because it means he was here. somehow finding crumbs and stains all over my bed, make me feel better. i guess they are good reminders of why i am doing this and the awesome things that will come from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment