Friday, September 5, 2014

tgif

day 6:
i'm pretty sad i can't take simms to the fair today, BUT today has been good!! this morning my night nurse paige (who is the bomb) made some sort of request for me to not have nurse ratched (who was back again today) and i was super thankful for that! i can't say enough good things about paige. my day nurse today has been awesome too!

so this morning my sweet friend jess stopped by and brought me my most favorite chia kombucha (thank you jess xoxoxo) and as always, love seeing her. our boys are 6 days apart so we constantly talk about everything they do, debate whether or not we are terrible or great moms, and she is one of the kind of friends i adore because we are BRUTALLY honest with each other about life. life isn't perfect for anyone and we don't sugarcoat ANYTHING. i think its so important to have relationships like that because you can't pray for your friends or encourage them like you should if you don't know the truths of their lives. love you jess and so thankful for our friendship!

after she left i jumped in the shower. as soon as i was out and dressed, they came with my wheelchair to take me up to my doc appt/ ultrasound. WITH WET HAIR. AND NO MAKE UP….



 i told her i have written orders for ad lib now and can walk! she put the wheelchair up and i WALKED…YES WALKED PEOPLE.. all the way up to my appointment. never knew how much i would miss something so simple.

my actual growth ultrasound is monday but again today they eyeballed their sizes and baby b looks insanely close to the same size of baby a. i cannot wait to see their sizes on monday. there was zero brain shunting on baby b today! a couple weeks ago he had brain shunting. its basically a sign that he was having a little bit of a hard time and his body was sending more blood to vital organs first, since you can grow a big belly later, it focuses on whats most important (brain, heart, etc)

doc hennessey asked how everything else was. i was my usual complaining self and voiced how much i hate the all night checking of vitals, the 6am NST and the emergency iv line. but i told him i understood the need for the middle of the night dopplers. his response was "well i don't!" he said there was no need to check my vitals night long at this point and that the 6am NST could easily be moved to 8am. plus he said, based on how well the babies are looking, that the middle of the night dopplers aren't even necessary! THIS WAS ALL AMAZING NEWS. i thanked him for letting me walk around. its the little things. haha. the only bad news was that i am doing so well, that its like i basically don't need to be here. but now I'm stuck. better safe than sorry, right? then he told me that based on mondays ultrasound, he will just have them take the emergency iv line out! he said if they keep moving it around i will run out of places to put it once i actually do need it! he ended saying "i think you are going to be here a while" the worst and also best thing to hear.

the ultrasound tech told me that every other friday they have a farmers market here and theres all kind of fresh produce and baked goods! the thought of "going shopping" and getting fresh fruit for my mini fridge is actually like christmas. i was going to go down and look around this afternoon but ended up getting stuck in a THREE HOUR NST.

this morning i found out one of my friends had gotten moved up to my floor from labor and delivery, so i stopped by her room on the way back from my appointment. i told her selfishly I'm super excited that she is 3 rooms down, but for her sake i don't want her to have to be stuck in this jail too. she said she could be here days or a month. they just aren't sure. lets all pray she gets to go home and enjoy her regular life! while i was in her room i noticed nurse ratched was her nurse and thought "oooohhhh no!" i asked if she had seen her yet and she told me she was supposed to have come in two hours ago. i told her this was the nurse i blogged about yesterday and of course right before i leave, in she walks!!!! AWKKKKKWARD. i left the room and came back down to mine and shortly after my friend's sweet sweet mom brought me a smoothie for lunch! i had never even met her and she was bringing me lunch. the kindness of people in less than even a week is so overwhelming i don't even know what to do to thank everyone.

after a few minutes of being back at my room, i get a text from my friend saying she wasn't so nuts about nurse ratched either. she ended up texting another one of our mutual friends that is a nurse in labor and delivery, who ended up telling her nurse manager. not long after, the nurse manager came to my room to ask about everything. first thing out of her mouth was "i hear you want to bring your dog up. go ahead and bring him whenever you want! just keep the door closed while he is here" i about started crying with excitement. then she asked me to explain what happened with ratched. i basically said our personalities clashed. i don't want her losing her job or anything. i just don't want to be under her care. she told me i wouldn't ever have her again and that they were going to do everything they could to make my stay great. the world needs more awesome women like this.

after she left it was time for my afternoon NST. well. baby b was HORRIBLE. by horrible i mean here is what he did while we tried to track his heart rate …


 what was supposed to last one hour (i just accidentally typed "year", freudian slip hahaha) ended up taking 3 hours. my nurse had to end up just sitting on my bed and holding the ultrasound to keep him on, while baby a stayed on for the whole 3 hours. he is an angel.

cal came up not long after i finished the never ending NST…..and look who else came…



i could've died with excitement! we ordered pizza to the room. simms and i did our normal spinning in the doctor chair:



then he started to melt down and they left in time for my next NST (gun emoji)

as were rolling knee deep in hour two of this NST..thanks baby b, theres a knock at my door and its this….

erin and ryan pate rock my face off…THANK YOU!!!!!!!! This is going to be deadly!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment