Sunday, September 28, 2014

one month!

day 28:
"in me… peace" john 16:33

today marks one month since i have been here! i cannot believe its been a month. the nurses always ask if i am losing my mind and i always joke back that i'm actually not, which must mean that i am the laziest person ever. i was telling cal last night that i think my brain has zoned out my real life outside of here. i forget where we live, what month it is, etc… i guess its my body's way of coping.  most of the time i don't even feel like i'm in knoxville. its all very very strange. i haven't zoned out of whats happening and why i am here because i think about that all day every day, but i block out the fun things I'm missing out on. if that makes any sense at all? i am probably sounding crazier by the second…. hello girl interrupted! hahaha. but i have a peace that i am very grateful for.

anyway! both last night's and this morning's NST looked great. still having contractions but nothing regular. i was really excited to have don as my nurse today.. she's one of my favorites! so that always makes for a good day. cal and simms came up as i was getting off and brought tomato head (thank you babe!) simms was in the sweetest mood ever and kept laying with me, which he NEVER wants to do up here. after lunch we went for a walk outside. simms is really into picking up acorns and calling them "corn." after i caught him with one in his mouth i started taking them away… i got a nasty response and his "i don't know" hands…

and yes he absolutely 100% rocking black skinny jeans. baby don't play.


i haven't gotten well since i got this sinus infection about a week ago. doc hennessey was going to write me a zpak back then and i thought i would let my body try and fight it off first. well.. it hasn't and i am DONE with feeling like this. so starting a zpak today and praying i feel better. cal and simms headed home to get his nap in and then came back with an early dinner and bendel! simms started copying bendel while he was here and was shaking toys in his mouth on all fours. if he doesn't cheer you up, i don't know what will. so pumped i have maureen again tonight as my nurse. hope everyone has had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment